Forums » New Zealand First

We Are Being Ripped Off!!!

• 54 posts
    March 10, 2017 11:20 AM NZDT

We Are Being Ripped Off!!!March 1st, 2017A New Article, March 2017:

I apologise for shutting down the comments and ping backs.

I have no alternative, because of the cheep skates that use other peoples websites to advertise their wares.

I refuse to let this happen and sooner or later will lay a complaint for harassment!!!

On Monday evenings the TV program on Channel one ‘Mind Over Money’ with Nigel Latta is worth looking at!

With the cost of living continually rising we need to do something about the way our money is losing it’s buying power!!!

There are too many people who are prepared to pay whatever the price is of something they want. This is sheer selfishness without a care of the people who need and cannot afford!!! It is time to give thought and help to others and stop the me me me syndrome that so many are into!

We, the people that used to live in the best little country in the world ARE BEING RIPPED OFF!!!

Firstly the manufacturers and suppliers are profiteering, they are putting far to high markups on their products.

When I was in business between 1964 and 1992, many were adding 300% to 400% and some over the top of this!.

THE MARK UPS WENT FROM REASONABLE IN 1940’s (SPQR) SMALL PROFIT QUICK RETURN TO (LBMQ) LETS BE MILLIONAIRES QUICKLY!!!

Just recently a friend, now retired told me that when he was employed the boss told him that the mark ups were to be a minimum of 300% minimum!!!

NO WONDER THESE SO CALLED SALE PRICES CAN GO UP TO 70% OFF AND THE BUSINESS DO NOT FAIL, THEY HAVE ALREADY PUT THE MARK UPS HIGH ENOUGH TO COVER THIS HIGH DISCOUNT SALE PRICE!!!

THEN THERE ARE THE BUY ONE GET ONE OR TWO FREE, THIS IS A TOTAL RIP OFF, MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS WOULD GO BROKE IF THEY WERE CHARGING A REASONABLE PRICE FOR THEIR STUFF. WHAT IS THE TRUTH THEY HAVE MADE THE PRICE SO HIGH THAT YOU PAY FOR TWO ANYWAY, THEY GIVE NOTHING AWAY! THINK ABOUT THIS SERIOUSLY, IF YOU WERE SUPPLYING GOODS PAY FOR ONE AND GET ONE FREE YOU WOULD NOT MAKE ANY PROFIT AND GO BROKE.

NOW, WE KNOW PEOPLE WHO GOT INTO ONE OF THESE BUY ONE GET ONE FREE, PROGRAMS THEY TOOK THE 30 DAY TRIAL AND AT THE END SAID “NO WE HAVE RECONSIDERED WE DO NOT WANT THE ARTICLE” THE PROFESSIONAL SALES MONKEY ON THE PHONE DROPPED THE PRICE RIGHT DOWN TO MAKE IT MORE ATTRACTIVE!!! THEY COULD NOT DO THIS UNLESS, THEY HAD LOADED THE BUY PRICE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

We must start to shop wisely, If you are struggling with the household bills then realise you need to shop sensibly! For example we used to shop at other super markets then changed to ‘Pak N Save’, why? Because When we shop for 4 people we save between $30.00 and $40.00 dollars EVERY WEEK. We never buy green grocery at supermarkets IT LOOKS GOOD BUT IS OVER PRICED!!! There are better prices in other places!!!

To give you an example of could not care less about other people!!! We were shopping in a green grocery shop, my wife said would you like some peaches? I looked at the prices and they were over thr top, I said no wait till they come down. A woman in front of us turned around and said I dont care if it is what I want then I buy it!!!

This is just the rotten attitude that is killing New Zealand and its people!

We take in foreign students, all of them say New Zealand is far too expensive and they refuse to spend their money without good reason!!!!!!

It is time to let government know at this coming next election we want price control. We want to stop these profiteers from overcharging and let us get back to the mark ups we had after the WW11! Unless we get this to happen there will be strikes for more pay. Wages go up, prices also go up, it is a vicious circle!!!The only sensible way is price control. Britain has had it and it works!!!

The Brits., had a big price rise on tea some years ago. The national drink, they will pay said the suppliers. Little did they know the Brits., they stopped buying and in a few weeks the price came down!!!

THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE TO DO, STOP PAYING TOP DOLLAR FOR WHAT WE WANT BE PATIENT AS WE WERE WHEN THE CHEESE WENT UP.

WE STOPPED BUYING IT, SOON IT WAS BACK TO ITS OLD PRICE.

REMEMBER WE ARE THE POWER IN NEW ZEALAND OR ANY OTHER COUNTRY WHERE THE RESIDENTS HAVE THE NUMBERS TO DICTATE TERMS. WE NEED TO EXORCISE THAT RIGHT MORE OFTEN AND DEMAND PRICE CONTROL TO STOP THESE RICH PEOPLE GETTING RICHER WHILST THEY ARE ROBBING US TO FILL THEIR POCKETS!!! Remember the gap between rich and poor is widening and you can blame the National government for that. They will not move against their mates, after all that is where most of their funds come from. And we should demand the books be opened so we can see jusyt how much and from who these so called donations are coming from!!!The mark ups of the do it yourself super markets are horrendous, I met, by accident o manufacturer that supplies his products to these places a small packet they get for a couple of dollars and retail them for twenty dollars. Then they advertise sales and discounts. They put the price on before they take some off!!!Beware and see what the oppositions prices are like.They even cheat on the, we will give you a 15% discount if you find their products in any other retailers business that are cheaper. What you may not know, is that they have the same products, but get their supplies under a different brand name. So you can find the exact same products, but they all have different brand names and they charge us excesses for that privilege!!!

Now the government is going to put the age up to 67 bfore you can get the pension!!! All this because years ago they never planned ahead and muldoon did away with the savings and he combined all the individual accounts into the GENERAL FUND> The vehical funds like registration, fuel tax, and more were making more free monies than the general fund at the time! END RESULT, it led to uncontrolled spending that led to uncontrolled borrowing and now NEW ZEALAND IS DEEPLY IN DEBT TO TH IMF as are many European countries. WE pay and they controlus. The BIBILE says neither a lender or a borrow be, we broke that rule and now we pay!!! It is time to fight back until we get some satisfaction!!!

I personally have stopped buying New Zealand produced goods apart from fruit and veges!!! Even if I was a multi millionaire and I have had money in my life time before the finance crash of the 1986/7. This was instigated by the government by the way!!! I would never buy from NZ. I as I used to do go overseas and buy what we neede. Much better quality, I still have a pair of boot shoes I bought in Australia for less than $70 Aussie dollars.

I would never buy a new car, the mark ups are so high, a car is a tool to take you from A to B. It is not a house or a batch it is A TOOL! so I would buy a second hand car low mileage and for a maximum of $20,000 00.

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT, NO MATTER WHAT YOUR FINANCIAL STANDING IS ,TO BE WISE WITH YOUR MONEY!! STOP BUYING THINGS BECAUSE YOU JUST WANT THEM, STOP BUYING EVERYTHING NEW.STOP HELPING THE THEIVES IN OUR SOCIETY TO KEEP RIPPING US OFF!!!

BEWARE OF WHAT SUPPLIERS ARE UP TO.THE WHOLE WORLD IS CORRUPT, GREEDY AND DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU THE CUSTOMER. THAT IDEAL DIED AFTER THE 1950’s!!!Remember you can save somewhere between $50.00 to 100.00 dollars a week if you are careful with your money!!!

Jerry

• 28 posts
    March 11, 2017 8:27 AM NZDT
    That's very sad.Altough you can easily share your Friends content by using sharing function.That will prevent your material being used by other websites and in the same time you can keep your thoughts broadcasted among other media.
    • 1 posts
    March 11, 2017 8:39 AM NZDT
    Well unfortunately most of the websites and social platforms being used as a showcase area where ppl hardly care about the others but about their personal profit and promoution:(
    • 54 posts
    March 11, 2017 9:42 AM NZDT

Thank you for your reply. Even as long ago as 1987 when I had a clothing business, door to door credit clothing. I used the same wharehouses as the big fellas with large trucks. My prices were a third f their price. They put a fancy lable on their products and put them in a plastic bag and that was all they did!!! Then upped the price by 3 or 4 times. I find this disgusting, and see the way of the world is profiteering forrcing the gap between rich and lower and midde income earners even wider! Jerry

• 28 posts
    September 11, 2017 6:42 PM NZST
    Test app